domingo, 18 de enero de 2015

INTERMEDIATE TEST (2)

Este es el segundo test de nivel intermedio que aquí publicamos. Para resolverlo, necesitará copiarlo y pegarlo en un archivo WORD o similar.

Si lo desea, puede pedir las respuestas vía e-mail o mediante un comentario.

I.- Choose the correct alternative to complete the sentences.

1) All / None the students are having a break now.

2) Barcelona has a higher / the highest population than Valencia.

3) Both / All Susan and Peter are taking part in the competition.

4) Don't touch this body ! He's death / dead.

5) He isn't as big / the same big as his brother.

6) I find going to the cinema a lot more interesting / the most interesting than watching tv.

7) I haven't got much / many time to waste.

8) In my opinion, Scotland has more beautiful / the most beautiful countryside in the world.

9) Is the baby still / yet sleeping? No, he's just woken up.

10) Is there any / anything we can do for you?

11) Most of / Most my students speak two languages.

12) Our trip to Mallorca last year was one of the more enjoyable / most enjoyable holidays we've never / ever had.

13) Some / Any of my friends have a driving license.

14) The police nearly / near discovered the criminal.

15) There isn't somewhere / anywhere to park in this area.

16) There was a bank robbery / rob at 8 pm yesterday.

17) There were a lot / few of people at the party.

18) I've had an argument with my boyfriend. We're not speaking to ourselves / each other.

19) Your computer isn't so good / better as mine.

20) He's very good at / in painting.

21) All / Everyone I invited came to my party.

22) Both Frank and Paul has / have a lot of spare time.

II.- Fill in the gaps with the correct preposition.

1) Bats are animals that sleep ___ the day and fly ___ night.

2) He is such an adventurer ! He has travelled all ___ the world.

3) My brother has been ill ___ a week.

4) I always leave the key ___ the doormat when I leave home.

5) I have a cut ___ my knee and it really hurts.

6) I've just bought some apples but there isn't a good one ___ them.

7) Keep your shoes ___ the rug, please. I don't want it to get dirty.

8) My son keeps his toys ___ a big box ___ a corner of the room.

9) Take those papers ___ of the drawer and give them to me.

10) The alarm clock fell ___ the bedside table but it didn't break.

11) The car was driving ___ the station ___ the end of the street but it stopped in front of my restaurant.

12) Suddenly, a rabbit ran ___ the road in front of the car.

III.- Put the following words in the correct order to form a meaningful sentence.

1) behind / The / in / was / angrily / man / the / shouting / car

2) She / home / as / she / walked / back / quickly / could / as

3) like / that / looks / and / house / Peter / Fiona's

4) curly / She's / wears / got / long / hair / glasses / and

5) river / is / deep / This / swim / enough / to / not / in

6) the / whole / He / asleep / film / was / during

IV.- Fill in the gaps with one of the following words.

a, all, another, both, every (x2), few, her, neither, none, other, the (x2), their

When Michelle got to ___ bus stop, there was ___ woman there too. After a ___ minutes they started chatting and get on the same bus to the city centre. Soon, they realised they were ___ going to the same place. The ___ woman was also on ___ way to Millicent Computers for ___ job interview. ___ of them knew much about the company or the position offered. They had seen it advertised in ___ Sunday papers. They both bought the papers ___ Sunday to look for work, but ___ of the job ads were very interesting. In the case of this job, it seemed you had to work ___ weekends and almost ___ night. As they were getting to ___ stop, they saw a long queue of people waiting at the entrance door to Millicent Computers.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario