domingo, 14 de septiembre de 2014

INTERMEDIATE TEST

El siguiente es un test para poner a prueba el nivel INTERMEDIO del lector. Para realizarlo, el lector deberá copiar el test y pegarlo en un archivo de WORD o similar.
NOTA.- Si lo desea, puede pedir la solución mediante un comentario o email.

I.- Say which of the following are COUNTABLE or UNCOUNTABLE.

1) Air
2) Book
3) Butter
4) Grass
5) Breath
6) Hair
7) Ink
8) News
9) Glass
10) Onion

II.- Insert the missing POSSESIVES :

1) This doesn't look like ___ book; it must be ___.

2) a.- Tell me, isn't that ___ girlfriend Maisie over there?
     b.-Oh no, she was ___ last week, but ___ dog doesn't like me!

3) I see that he has lost ___ pencil; perhaps you can lend him ___.

4) You can take ___ and give me ___.

III.- Put the given ADVERBS in correct ORDER.

1) She went (to school / at 10 o'clock)

2) He was born (in the year 1923 / at 10 am / on June 14th)

3) They stayed (all day / quietly / there)

4) I like coffee (in the morning / very much)

5) He played (at the Town Hall / last night / beautifully / in the concert)

IV.- Choose the right PRONOUN.

1) a.- Who's there?
     b.- It's only ___(I / me).

2) Let my boyfriend and (I / me) lay a duet.

3) What would you do if you were (he / him).

4) What's the name of (him / he), who came first?

V.- Insert SOME and ANY as required.

1) I want ___ new potatoes; have you ___?

2) I asked him for ___ ink, and he gave me ___:

3) Don't make ___ noise. He wants to get ___ sleep.

4) Have you had ___ tea? I can give you ___.

5) Are there ___ more books?

VI.- PRESENT TENSE

A) Supply the correct PRESENT TENSE.

1) Ships (travel) from Southampton to New York in four or five days.

2) It (be) very cold now.

3) The sun (warm) the air and (give) us light.

4) John (swim) very well, but he (not dive).

5) Wood (float) on water, but iron (not float).

B) Supply the correct PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE TENSE.

1) She (do) no homework this month.

2) Our students (progress) very well this term so far.

3) Mary (not buy) a new dress for years.

4) He (wear) a black suit ever since his wife died.

5) Peter (be) in hospital for almost 6 weeks.

C) Put SINCE os FOR.

1) I have been awake ___ three hours. ___ six o'cock.

2) The weather has been very cold ___ Christmas. ___ a month now.

3) We haven't had a swim ___ last summer. ___almost a year.

4) I've been standing here in the rain ___ half an hour. ___ half past four.

5) How long has John been learning English? ___ quite a long time, ___ last summer.

D) Put the verb in brackets in the PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS.

1) Turn the tv off. The children (watch) for too long time.

2) Mary is learning the piano. She (practise) since breakfast time.

3) John needs a holiday. He (work) too hard.

4) We (travel) for three days and we are still only half a way to London.

5) We (spend) far too much money lately.

VII.- PAST TIME

A) Supply the SIMPLE PAST form

1) John (buy) a second-hand car last week. He (pay) 1000 pounds for it.

2) For breakfast, last Tuesday my sister (make) coffee in a new kind of machine. It (taste) horrible and everyone (spit) it out.

3) They (have) more horses than cars when I (be) young.

4) The lesson (begin) at nine o'clock.

B) Complete the PAST CONTINUOUS form of the following.

1) He (sit) in the garden when the house fell down.

2) I (work) all day yesterday.

3) We (live) in France when the war began.

4) The bus started when I (get) on.

5) I took another cake when you (not look).

C) Put the PAST PERFECT.

1) Mary (prepare) our meals on the previous day.

2) We couldn't play football that Saturday as it (rain) all the previous week.

3) He lived quietly on little money he (save) before his retirement.

4) We (finish) our work, so we went home.

D) Supply the PAST PERFECT CONTINUOUS form.

1) It (rain) for days on end and everything was soaked.

2) She still couldn't sing although she (take) lessons for years.

3) They (lose) money for quite a long time.

4) We (wait) for more than an hour.

5) They said I (worry) about business too much and needed a rest.

VII.- Put SHALL or WILL.

1) I ___ help you tomorrow.

2) We ___ never leave our friends who need us.

3) They ___ receive the freedom of the city.

4) Mary ___ come to my wedding. I ___ invite her at once.

5) I ___ pay my account at the end of the month.

IX.- Complete the following sentences with DO or MAKE.

1) He ___ a lot of money last year.

2) I always ___ my best.

3) It has nothing to ___ with you.

4) He ___ a lot of business with us.

5) Have you ___ your homework?

X.- INTERROGATIVES

A) Add the queston word.

1) ___ pencil is this? Is it yours?

2) ___ are you doing tonight?

3) ___ is singing in the next room?

4) ___ room is the largest?

5) ___ is wrong?

B) Turn the following statements into questions.

1) My father has taken the newspaper.

2) Montblanc is the biggest mountain in the Alpes.

3) The boy learned many subjects at school.

4) They want to go out.

5) That house is mine.

C) Add the missing word

1) We don't know ___ she has gone.

2) Can you tell me ___ this box is so heavy?

3) I remember ___ you were a little girl.

4) Show me ___ this machine works.

5) Did anyone see ___ way Jane went?

XI.- Add the correct form of THERE IS o IT IS.

1) _____ no one at home when I called for him.

2) _____ no place like home.

3) _____ hard to decide what was the best thing to do.

4) _____ no time for tea if we don't hurry.

5) _____ so much work to get through this morning that I haven't had time  think about the questions.

XII.- Put in suitable PREPOSITIONs.

1) Wait ___ me ___ the bus stop!

2) We had to go ___ the hill ___ a little house ___ the top.

3) Read ___ line 10 ___ line 20 ___ page.

4) Do you want to speak ___ me ___ anything?

5) You can cut the apple ___ two __ this knife.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario