domingo, 24 de mayo de 2020

LUCILLE - LITTLE RICHARD


1.- Historia

Richard Wayne Penniman nació el 5 de diciembre de 1932 en Georgia, USA. Este pianista y vocalista de R and B y Rock And Roll, obtuvo su primer contrato discográfico en 1951 con la compañía RCA. Participó en 3 películas de Rock And Roll ("Don't Knock The Rock", "The Girl Can't Help It" y "Mister Rock 'n' Roll") y se hizo ministro religioso tras acabar sus estudios de Teología en 1961. Little Richard Falleció el 9 de mayo de 2020.


2.- Lyrics

1.-

Lucille, you won't do your sisters will?
Oh, Lucille, you won't do your sisters will?
You ran off and married, but I love you still


2.-

Lucille, please, come back where you belong
Lucille, please, come back where you belong
I('ve) been good to you, baby, please, don't leave me alone


3.-

I woke up this morning, Lucille was not in sight
I asked my friends about her but all their lips were tight
Lucille, please, come back where you belong
I('ve) been good to you, baby, please, don't leave me alone

(Repeat)


Lucille, baby, satisfy my heart
Lucille, baby, satisfy my heart
I played for it, baby, and gave you such a wonderful start


3.- Vocabulary

- Still = Aún, todavía.

- Alone = Solo, sola.

- Sight = Vista, visión.

- Lips = Labios

- Tight = Apretado, apretada.

- Wonderful = Maravilloso, maravillosa.


4.- Grammar

a) Futuro Simple (Will)

- You won't do, your sisters will?

b) Presente Simple

- I love you still.

- Come back where you belong.

- Lucille, baby, satisfy my heart.

c) Pasado Simple

- You ran off and married.

- Lucille was not in sight.

- I asked my friends...

- I played for it...

d) Present Perfect

- I(ve) been good to you baby.

Nota.- La contracción entre paréntesis no suele aparecer en la letra original, pero por la fórmula gramatical se deduce que es Presente Perfecto.

Sujeto + Have/Has + Verbo Principal en Participio + Complemento.

e) Phrasal Verbs

- Run off = Salir corriendo

- Come back = Volver

- Wake up = Despertar(se)


5.- Videoclip








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario