domingo, 12 de julio de 2020

FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE - THE CURE

1.- Historia

The Easy Cure fue el primer nombre que el británico Robert Smith (21-04-1958) dio a su primer grupo. Luego de algunos cambios, lanzan su primer éxito "Boys Don't Cry" como The Cure, en 1979. Pero este grupo de PUNK-TECHNO-ROCK tuvo sus temas más importantes entre mediados de los 80's y de los 90's. "In Between Days", "Why Can't I Be You", "Just Like Heaven", "Love Song", "Lullaby" y "Friday I'm n Love", son sólo algunos de ellos.



2.- Lyrics

Chorus A

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday, I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love

Monday you can fall apart
Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart
Thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday, I'm in love


Chorus B

Saturday, wait
And Sunday always comes too late
But Friday, never hesitate


I don't care if Monday's black
Tuesday, Wednesday, heart attack
Thursday, never looking back
It's Friday, I'm in love

Monday you can hold your head
Tuesday, Wednesday, stay in bed
Or Thursday watch the walls instead
It's Friday, I'm in love

(Repeat Chorus B)

Dressed up to the eyes
It's a wonderful surprise
To see your shoes and your spirits rise

Throw out your frown
And just smile at the sound
Sleek as a shriek, spinning 'round and 'round

Always take a big bite
It's such a gorgeous sight
To see you eat in the middle of the night

You can never get enough
Enough of this stuff
It's Friday, I'm in love

(Repeat Chorus A)


3.- Vocabulario

Además de los días de la semana:

- Monday = Lunes
- Tuesday = Martes
- Wednesday = Miércoles
- Thursday = Jueves
- Friday = Viernes
- Saturday = Sábado
- Sunday = Domingo

tenemos las siguientes palabras:

- Break = Romper
- Hesitate = Dudar
- Heart attack = Ataque al corazón
- Instead = En lugar de (algo)
- Rise = Elevar(se)
- Frown = Ceño, entrecejo
- Sleek = Brillante, lustroso
- Spin = Dar vueltas, girar
- Bite = Mordisco
- Sight = Vista
- Stuff = Cosas


4.- Gramática

a) Phrasal Verbs

- Fall apart = Romper, deshacer, apartar
- Look back = Pensar o recordar el pasado
- Dress up = Vestirse
- Throw out = Lanzar, arrojar, alejar (algo)

b) Too

Dos usos de "too"

1.- Too = También

- Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too.

2.- Too = Demasiado, muy

- Sunday always comes too late.


5.- Videoclip





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario