domingo, 16 de mayo de 2021

NICK KAMEN - I PROMISED MYSELF

1.- Historia

Nick Kamen fue un modelo y cantante británico que saltó a la fama a mediados de los 80s. Aunque su mayor éxito en UK fue su single debut "Each Time You Break My Heart", en el resto del mundo es más conocido por "I Promised Myself". Nick Kamen falleció el pasado 4 de mayo a la edad de 59 años.

Fuente: https://the-music-history.blogspot.com/2021/05/nick-kamen-top-5.html


2.- Lyrics

(Chorus 1)

I promised myself

I promised I'll wait for you

The midnight hour

I know you'll shine on through


I promised myself

I promised the world to you

I gave you flowers

You made my dreams come true


-----------------------------------

How many of us out there

Feel the need

To run and look for shelter?


I promised myself

That I'd say a prayer for you

A brand new tomorrow

Where all you wish comes true


I promised myself

That I'd make it up to you

My sister and brother

Know I'm in love with you

---------------------------------

(Chorus 2)

How many of us out there

Feel the pain of losing

what was once theirs?

God I know

what people say about her

No mistake,

who can live without love?


(Repeat Chorus 2)

(Repeat Chorus 1)


(Chorus 3)

In the midnight hour

I will wait for you

I will wait for you

I will wait for you


(Repeat Chorus 3)


3.- Vocabulary

- Myself = A mí mismo.

- Wait = Esperar

- Midnight = Medianoche

- Shine = Brillar

- Through = A través

- World = Mundo

- True = Verdad, cierto

- Need = Necesitar (Verbo), Necesidad (Sustantivo).

- Shelter = Refugio, abrigo.

- Prayer = Oración

- Brand new = Completamente nuevo.

- Wish = Deseo

- Make it up = Hacer las paces.

- Losing = Perder

- Mistake = Equivocación, error.


4.- Grammar

a) Pasado Simple

Ejemplos:

- I promised myself.

- I gave you flowers.

- You made my dreams come true.


b) Futuro Simple (Will)

Ejemplos:

- I'll wait for you.

- You'll shine on through.


c) Contracción con Would

Ejemplos:

- I'd say a prayer for you. (I + would)

- I'd make it up to you. (I + would)


5.- Videoclip





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario