domingo, 4 de abril de 2021

WISH

 1.- Wish + To-Infinitive

Su significado es similar a "Want", pero se usa de manera formal.

Ejemplos:

- I wish to speak to Mr. Smith, please.

- I wish to visit you soon, if possible.


2.- Wish + Indirect Object + Direct Object

Esta fórmula se utiliza para expresar buenos deseos.

Ejemplos:

- I wish you the best in your new job.

- Wish me luck!

- We wish you a Merry Christmas!


3.- Wish + Verb forms in That clause

Se usa de manera similar a la forma condicional.

Ejemplos:

- I wish I had a better salary.

- I wish I knew how to use this laptop.

- I wish I had known you were coming.

- I wish I hadn´t said that.


4.- Wish + That clause

Sirve para mencionar situaciones que lamentamos.

Ejemplos:

- I wish that everything could be as it used to be.

- I wish I had her mobile number.

- I wish you hadn't told me how the film ends.


5.- Wish + Would

Cuando hay algo que nos molesta, utilizamos esta fórmula.

Ejemplos:

- I wish the neighbour would stop making so much noise!

- I'm just wishing he would go away!






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario